Sunday, September 20, 2009

Browns at Denver

I like the Browns today.

Yea, I know that makes so sense with our history in that city – Denver, but I like the Browns today.

I like the Browns because of two words – Kyle Orton. If Eric Mangini can truly coach, he should be able to devise a defense that limits Denver offensively with Orton and those tools at his disposal.

I like the Browns today because their best offensive player (Brandon Marshall) is a bigger head case than our presumed best weapon (Butterfingers).

I like the Browns today because we have the edge in special teams with Josh Cribbs and company.

I like the Browns today because I don’t see Brady Quinn melting down in his first big road start.

I like the Browns today because I expect Jerome Harrison to be involved and make some plays.

I like the Browns today because Denver is like us right now – not very good.

I like the Browns today because this is a winnable game, despite the venue, and if Mangini’s organization and discipline are going to take hold – this should be where that process starts.

I like the Browns today because Mike Shanahan is not prowling the Broncos' sideline and #7 is no longer in uniform to torch the Browns on 3rd and long.

I like the Browns 24-20.

No comments: