Monday, October 8, 2007

I Take No Chances

This column is appropriately called "Getting On Record" for a reason. So here are my thoughts in terms of the pitching match-ups for game #4, and if necessary, game #5 of the Indians-Yankees series.

I am a simple man. Therefore, I ALWAYS go with my best and live with the results. I take no chances if I am Eric Wedge. I pitch CC on three days rest in game #4 tonight, and if a game #5 is needed, obviously I go with Carmona. I make the Yankees beat my two horses to advance. If they can do that, they are the better team. I can live with that.

Besides, this is where having two studs gives the Tribe the edge over any post-season opponent. That's not to say Bird won't pitch well tonight, they close it out in four, then have their two horses lined up nicely for the Red Sox in round #2. I get the logic. I just respectfully disagree.

No comments: